- Fixed assets such as computer equipment and laptops are purchased for long-term use. They usually have a useful life of more than one year. OCV tracks its fixed assets with a unit price of over $1,000 USD via the Internal Fixed Asset Tracker.
- The purchaser of the asset(s) is required to log required information such as the date of purchase, the purchaser's name, the value of the asset, etc.
- Any team members who received the firm-purchased laptops or computer equipment are required to record the assets in the internal tracker and fill out the asset description, model #, and serial #.
- Please ensure the information is logged within 7 business days of the purchase date when the asset is initially purchased.
- If a transition happens from existing computer equipment to another team member, the recipient of the computer equipment is required to acknowledge the receipt of the computer equipment within 7 business days. Please fill out the required information (as indicated in the file), such as the description of the asset transition, date of transition, old owner, new owner, etc.
Purchasing Firm Assets that are no longer used for Business
If an employee is interested in purchasing a firm asset that is no longer used for business, the COO will review the request on a case by case basis and determine the fair market value for the sale.
Laptop / Equipment Return Upon Departure
When a team member leaves OCV, the departing employee is responsible for shipping the work laptop back to a designated recipient at the firm. At OCV’s discretion, the departing employee may have the option to purchase the laptop at its current net book value provided that all firm data has been removed from the laptop.
Home Office Setup
Home office furniture and equipment purchased (within the standard budget policy) are not expected to be returned upon departure.