OCV sends a newsletter to our Friendly and Pipeline Investors list each quarter, copy OCV fund LPs. The newsletter highlights new OCV companies, companies that are currently fundraising, major milestones, and companies that are in search of a CEO. Creating the newsletter is a participatory process that involves gathering input from the OCV team as well as OCV founders.
- On the first day of the new quarter, start a new task in the
Editorial Calendarproject in our project management tool. Use the task template named
- Create a copy of the Investor Newsletter Template to generate a new newsletter. Name the file
YYYY-MM-DD Investor Newsletter. The date should reflect the send date, not the date you created the document.
- Add the document link to the task so it’s easy for everyone to find.
- Add a comment to the task tagging all stakeholders you need input from. Be specific about the details you need. For example: “@Person1, can you share which companies are hiring a CEO this quarter and any specific qualifications we should highlight.”
- Share a message in the #ocvfounders channel asking companies to share their recent successes/wins and any important news coming up in the next month.
- A week before sending, share the finalized content with stakeholders to review and make any last-minute editions/subtractions. Confirm portfolio-company-specific details with founders before sending.
The Investor Newsletter is sent on the first day of the second month of the quarter. If the 1st falls on a weekend or holiday, we send the newsletter on the following business day.
- February 1, 2024
- May 1, 2024
- August 1, 2024
- November 1, 2024