There are a few universally true things:
- People need to know you exist.
- It should be easy for you to explain the product/service you provide.
- The benefit/value of your product can be summarized in a few sentences.
Answering the following questions will give you a starting point.
- Explain your market.
- What problem are you addressing?
- How does your solution uniquely address the problem?
- Who are your competitors?
- What is [product name]? What does it do?
- How did [company] get started? What inspired it?
- What product(s) do you currently offer?
- What features differentiate you the most?
- Explain your ideal customer.
- How do you create value for your customers?
- Find people who match your ideal customer profile and ask them to review your homepage with you in real time. Ask your network to connect you to people they know.
- Write a blog post describing the problem/solution you are addressing and create a series of social media posts on the topic.
Track engagement with the content:
- What’s the click-through rate from social media to the article?
- How much time did people spend on the page?
- What’s the bound
- Did people interact with the social media posts (i.e. was there a discussion?)