See Vendor Selection & Contract Management section for additional information.
- All invoices requiring payment must be submitted to the appropriate billing email alias. Our Accounting Team uses an e-payment system for vendor payments.
- First-time vendors will need to onboard in the e-payment system, input profile and banking details, and upload a W-9, W-8BEN, or W-8BEN-E. New vendors should complete their e-payment system registration as soon as possible to avoid payment delays.
- How does e-payment work?
- To process e-payment, the Accounting Team will send an e-invite to the vendor’s email. The vendor accepts the invite and provides their bank information within the e-payment system.
- e-Payment will be scheduled according payment terms as well as our internal invoice approval and processing cycle.
- e-payment will typically arrive in the recipient's account within 2-4 business days from the scheduled payment date. Exception: For some non-US vendors who may have difficulties setting up the e-payment system, a wire payment will be processed.
- Recipient’s name
- Recipient's address
- Recipient's bank name
- Recipient's bank address
- Recipient's bank account
- Recipient's bank ABA Routing Numbers (if domestic wire within the United States)
- Recipient's IBAN, BIC, or SWIFT Code (if international bank outside of United States)
- Occasionally, the bank may require additional information, the Accounting Team will reach out to the vendor if such a request arises
- For US-based vendors, vendors are required to provide a completed W-9 Form prior to or at the time when they submit their 1st invoice and upload a copy in e-payment system under the Document section. This form can be downloaded from the IRS website. If the vendor is unable to upload their W-9, please email the form to our accounting email alias.
- For Non-US vendors, vendors are required to provide a completed W-8BEN-E Form prior to or at the time they submit their 1st invoice and upload a copy of in e-payment system under the Document section. This form can be downloaded from the IRS website. Here are the instructions for Form W-8BEN-E Form. If the vendor is unable to upload their W-8BEN-E, please email the form to our accounting email alias.
- Important: Accounting cannot process a payment without these Tax Forms
Vendors need to provide the following details for wire payment processing:
- Please DO NOT submit invoices and/or payment instructions via other channels.
- We recommend vendors to submit their invoices within 7 days after the services are rendered or the goods are delivered. Timely submission of invoices will enable Accounting to record the expenses in the right financial period.
Invoices received in the e-payment system will be routed for approval:
- Accounting Team Review: Accounting Team performs initial review (first approval) to ensure payment amount, terms, hourly rates, etc. are consistent with executed vendor contract on file.
- Management Review: After Accounting Team’s sign-off, the invoice is routed to a designated executive for Management Review and approval in the e-payment system. Management may tag a secondary review in the system for team members who were overseeing the vendor directly. For example, review of contractor hours from the contractor’s direct supervisor.
- OCV may take on “Management Review” responsibility for OCV companies during the Formation & Pre-CEO stages. See additional information at .
Once an invoice is approved by Management, Accounting Team schedules batched payments.